9.07.2007

A Letter to the Smokers in 1D and 2C

Dear neighbors,

I understand that you have the right to do as you please in your respective apartments, but you constant cigarette smoking is making ma family's life miserable.

I go to bed each night and wake up each morning to the secondhand smoke from 2C. I awake sneezing, my eyes burning and my chest hurting. Each morning the first thing I do is take an allergy pill so I can live in my apartment. I leave my bedroom and attempt to find refuge in my living room only to be enveloped by the smoke coming from both 2c and1D. My new sofa has taken on a lovely smell of Eau de Ciggy.

I am extremely allergic to cigarette smoke, and my son is asthmatic. Our lives are miserable because of your bad habit. I beg of you, please, please be a bit more considerate and keep your smoking outdoors. I don't know either of you and i'm sure that you are both understanding people. And for the neighbor in 2C - can you please stop throwing your cigarette butts off your balcony onto mine?

Thank you,

Your neighbor in 1C

No comments: