9.06.2007

Bunny Shoes


Cris, my eldest child, came bursting throug the door last night with something she swore I had to see and would absolutely love....I held my breath in anticipation.


She is an easy going, fun loving young lady. She's like me in many ways- she can be childlike and goofy. So when she came bursting in last light I couldn't wait to see what this marvelous thing was.

Bunny shoes! Shoes that look like a 5 year old should be wearing them - but made for adults.

They are made of faux sheepskin, so they're all fuzzy. And as you can see from the picture, they have bunny ears and a bunny tail. They also have eyes and two bunny teeth in the front. Oh, they are adorable and so very much like my Cris. She is the only person I know that would actually wear a pair of these when it's not halloween.

As a mother, it makes me so happy to see my child embracing the silliness life has to offer. Last week she bought really cute undies from Old Navy - and they turned out to be for toddlers. She liked the patterns so much - she never paid attention to the size. (My 4yr old neice got them)

Cris is young, beautiful and completely secure in who she is and what she wants. She could be a totally self absorbed person, but she's not. She lives her life in a totally different world. She's wacky and silly and always makes people laugh. Kids and dogs love her! And isn't laughter the greatest gift you could give? There is a yiddish proverb that says: "What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul." My Cristina is a big beautiful bar of soap for the soul!

So I would like to thank my Cris for always bringing joy to my life and keeping my soul squeaky clean! And I love her as a daughter but even more as a person.

No comments: