9.05.2007

The Blog Snobs



I've just had my first experience with blog snobbery.


My daughter Cat suggested that I join a blog directory to meet like minded people and get more traffic on my blog. Let's face the truth, no one knows that my blog even exists. I started this for me, but I figured "ah what the hell, it might be fun". So in my naivete I signed up for blogcatalog.com - they seemed to have a nice mix of people and topics and I figured I would be able to learn a lot from them - Ha!


My simple blog wasn't good enough for them. One of their admins took one look at the blog I submitted, my knitting blog- Knit me Knot- and promptly denied me membership. I have to admit that it's a simple blog, I am after all a noob, but I thought there would be a place for everyone. Apparently blogcatalog.com is not one of those places. You better be a professional blogger or you get no love from them.


Well, I say Fuck them! I like my blogs just the way they are! As a noob, I have a lot to learn and I plan to get better at this. But for now, I have learned the harsh lesson that blog snobbery exists and blogcatalog.com can kiss my black @$$!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, I find your blog good. It took me a while to just find A BLOG. No gimmicks or anything, just about someone's life, and not written boringly or gossipy. I say well done, I'll come back to read often.