9.24.2007

Fire on East 19th

There was a horrible fire down the block from my place last night. Cat was out walking Yummy and called me because there were so many fire trucks and ambulances. I didn't smell any smoke and the Fire Department didn't seem to stay very long, so I assumed that it must not have been that bad. Unfortunately, this morning I learned how wrong I was.


Three people died in that fire; a 76 year old woman, a 50 year old woman and a 12 year old boy. A fourth person, a teenage boy, is in the hospital in critical condition. The Fire Department has said the fire was caused by faulty wiring.

I walked by there earlier today and took these photos. You can see the damage done to the attic.


I'm not a religious person, but I had to say a prayer for them all. It's so sad.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.